Friday, July 13, 2012

Avian Fauna at office

Since I wrote my last few blogs regarding my​ birding experience around Bangalore I started thinking why not create a list of birds found at our own beautiful Campus. This blog is my contribution towards the avian bird species in our Campus.

I will keep updating this blog as and when I find a new bird species. I will try add photo's too whenever possible.

Also I'm not restricting the blog just to Birds but also any reptiles or  butterflies found around but will list them seperately.

Birds Identified:

1. Ashy Prinia(Can be found near the Big founatain)
2. Red Wattled Lapwing(Saw this near the Big Golf court)
3. Scaly Breasted Munia(observed Near CASA)
4. Oriental White Eye(observed Near CASA)
5. House Crow
6. Common Myna
7. Black Kite
8. White Cheeked Barbet(Around building 8)
9. Asian Koel(Near Building 1 and 2, especially during breeding season)
10. White Browed Wagtail(Saw this near the Big Golf court)
11. Tickell's Flowerpecker(Near Building 4)
12. Indian Pond Heron
13. Red Vented Bulbul
14. Red Whikered Bulbul
15. Pied Bushchat
16. Indian Robin

Butterflies Identified:

1. Common Grass Yellow
2. Choclate Pansy
3. Lemon Yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment